Repack event Sunday 17 February
Sunday 17th February at 10am or 2pm
Lady Manners School, Bakewell
Come along and repack your reserve with BHPA qualified packers on hand for advice. You’ll need to bring along a copy of the manuals for both your reserve and harness. Downloads of manuals are usually available on-line from the manufacturers website. Please take a look with your manuals before the event.
Following the successful format of last year, there will again be two sessions. The first session will start at 10:00 and the second session at 14:00. Places will still be limited, so be sure to book a place before paying.
Please phone Bernard Clewer on 01298 22581 to reserve a place on one of the sessions. If you have not been to a DSC repack before, please try and attend the first session.
Payment is strictly in advance and your confirmation of payment should be emailed to Bernard Clewer at email@example.com stating the payment reference that you entered when you payed. This will enable us to match your payment with your reservation.
Cost and how to pay – £10 for members, £15 for non-members payable in advance through the DSC’s bank account Account No: 16413560 and Sort Code: 77-08-15. Please give your name as the payment reference.
On the day
- Please arrive in good time for your session because the sessions have to run like clockwork in order to complete them in the allotted time.
- To help reduce the chance of dust and dirt contaminating reserves, please bring a pair of indoor shoes with you and change into them at the door to the sports hall upon arrival.
- The format of the repack is a workshop in which you will be shown the principles how to repack a reserve. Thereafter you will be paired up with someone with a similar reserve and you will repack both reserves by working together. Qualified BHPA Emergency Parachute System packers will be on hand to provide guidance.
- Leave the reserve in your harness as extracting it is part of the safety checks. It makes life easier if you detach your paraglider from the harness, as it saves it being dragged around the floor.
- Please bring your own refreshments as there are none available at the school.
- Wrap-up warm as the hall tends to be on the chilly side.
Lady Manners School