Forum

Longstone Edge

Longstone Edge  

RSS
pauladvance
(@pauladvance)
Club Member

Hi all, just wondered if anyone has any experience of flying Longstone Edge, and what the site is like etc ? Stay safe

Posted : 20/07/2020 12:16
Chris Dervin - New Members Officer
(@chrisd)
Committee

Talk to Steve Hudson or John Youle who should be able to advise, I have only used it to regain height on the way back to Bradwell.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/07/2020 14:58
pauladvance
(@pauladvance)
Club Member

Hi Chris thanks for the reply, will do, cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/07/2020 17:11
Hudson
(@hudson)
Committee

Dear Paul.

Yes, Longstone Edge is a good ridge to fly. More or less same direction as Rushup with 5 mph less wind.

You may be approached by the tenant Farmer and told. `You cant fly here F--k o--`

Top landing moorland.

Bottom landing, do not land in Hay fields In July as they are close to cropping. The best field to land in most of the time is the field with the footpath back up the edge, left of the small flat roofed shed 

Parking. 1 Top. Area just as you turn on to the hill side 5 cars. 2. Area, One third down hillside 2 cars easy walk up to good launch area. Area 3. Half way down hill side, 10 cars. Walk back up the hill 80 m take track through bushes to the top. above the cliff area you parked in.

Steve.

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Hudson
ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2020 10:39
pauladvance
(@pauladvance)
Club Member

@Hudson

Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply and info, I shall check it out when the wind direction is right, and I will observe your tips, I certainly do not want to upset anyone over there, is there parking that's OK, again ot to upset anyone..?

Thanks

Paul

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2020 15:24
johnyoule
(@johnyoule)
Committee

@pauladvance

Hi Paul the parking that Steve described if fine, popular with walkers but if theres space its no problem. As Steve says nice site ti fly in a southerly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/08/2020 18:08
pauladvance
(@pauladvance)
Club Member

@johnyoule

Hi John Thanks for the info, at the moment I'm just awaiting suitable weather conditions before I venture over to Longstone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/08/2020 21:19
X
X

Please Login or Register